juice from berries - thick??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A different question here now?
Is there a list somewhere what fruits are higher in acid or they all are?
Trying to decide how to word this, to ask on the WEB!!
:b

The reason why I have my web-log is because I kept reading and reading and a lot of info I got had contradictions. So I started doing test myself to make sure which info was right.

So a lot of lists you will find are once made and copied by many and never tested anymore. Even worse in copying some info was changed and therfore the list was not valid any more.

I experienced that when making a test on SG and sugars. I had 7 books and each one had a SG table and all were different.

In acid specific info I can tell you that you might find that lemon juice for example has far less acid in it as you would expect:
http://wijnmaker.blogspot.com/2008/03/citroensap-lemon-juice.html

This year we made some juice from our plums. When drinking it it was good and tasted sweet. Nevertheless acidity was at 10.

Any list you will find is made up at a certain point in time.
Now with climate changes and seasonal influences acidity might actually give a significant change compared to that list.

So what is my point.

Buy an acid titration kit.
It is cheap, a valuable asset to your winemaking materials and easy to use.
That gives you a fair reliable means of measuring each fruit per season to get accurate readings.

Luc

Last edited:

that list is flawed big time.

lime, orange, grapefruit, and tomatoes. i cannot see these fruits being "low in acid." there's more on there, but those are the ones i picked up right off.

grape is on the list. our concord wine we just started was uber high on acid and took plenty of good ole H20 to settle it down. started lower than 3.0 pH. IIRC, our green tomato was similar.

oh my... This whole acid thing is so far above my head but thanks for the help...
I will still try to make good wine from the blackberries will let you know what happens!! :?

Back