Juice buckets vs Concentrate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m assuming AG is all grape, lol. What do you mean by doubling your batch?

Sorry, yes, AG=all grape.

What I meant by “doubling your batch” is that if you spend $150 to make about 7g of all grape wine you can take advantage of those skins after pressing by “reconstituting” them with a $60 6g juice bucket as they have more to give.

This spring I’m going to try one more thing and instead of a juice bucket, I’m going to add a RJS Amarone kit to the pressed skins, just because I have it. However, at that price point I’m thinking even it turns out well I’m better off just making 12g of all grape wine.

What I meant by “doubling your batch” is that if you spend $150 to make about 7g of all grape wine you can take advantage of those skins after pressing by “reconstituting” them with a $60 6g juice bucket as they have more to give.

This spring I’m going to try one more thing and instead of a juice bucket, I’m going to add a RJS Amarone kit to the pressed skins, just because I have it. However, at that price point I’m thinking even it turns out well I’m better off just making 12g of all grape wine.

Well these buckets from vintners cellar are pretty expensive, the cab sav from Washington is $40 more than the Cellar Craft Showcase kits, time will tell though but I don't think these are your average buckets.

I know a guy that dilutes the juice buckets to make a few batches, lol don’t think they are designed to do that.

Last edited:
Well these buckets from vintners cellar are pretty expensive, the cab sav from Washington is $40 more than the Cellar Craft Showcase kits, time will tell though but I don't think these are your average buckets.

I know a guy that dilutes the juice buckets to make a few batches, lol don’t think they are designed to do that.

$40 more than a premium kit? Are you sure these are just juice and not crushed grapes? That seems really expensive unless there is some kind of premium you are paying out of season or if it’s a shipping cost. I pick my buckets up at the same place I get my grapes so no shipping.

$40 more than a premium kit? Are you sure these are just juice and not crushed grapes? That seems really expensive unless there is some kind of premium you are paying out of season or if it’s a shipping cost. I pick my buckets up at the same place I get my grapes so no shipping.

Checked out their website, just juice. Probably similar to MM straight juice stuff that comes in kit bags, made like a kit without the water removal process. You still won’t need to mess with acid (unlike juice buckets).

Checked out their website, just juice. Probably similar to MM straight juice stuff that comes in kit bags, made like a kit without the water removal process. You still won’t need to mess with acid (unlike juice buckets).
Yop seems about right, seems like good quality "kits" though.

Where are you all getting your juice buckets? I don't live near anywhere where I could pick up in-person, and all the ones I've found online either don't ship or shipping costs are prohibitive.

I normally do kits... and the high-end ones... but I'd love to evolve my skills and be a bit more "DIY" using juice buckets (especially since in a few years I'll be working with fresh grapes).

I agree, kits have their place but if you are lucky enough to be able to get grapes, have the equipment and ambition grapes will give you a better product and the cost compared to a high end kit is much less.

Where are you all getting your juice buckets? I don't live near anywhere where I could pick up in-person, and all the ones I've found online either don't ship or shipping costs are prohibitive.

I normally do kits... and the high-end ones... but I'd love to evolve my skills and be a bit more "DIY" using juice buckets (especially since in a few years I'll be working with fresh grapes).

I bought them from vintners Cellar. They are not are technically a true juice bucket since these are still pasteurized, however they do sell true juice buckets that are frozen, but it's seasonal. Once I get my acid meter and PH chems I might try a frozen bucket just to see.

I bought them from vintners Cellar. They are not are technically a true juice bucket since these are still pasteurized, however they do sell true juice buckets that are frozen, but it's seasonal. Once I get my acid meter and PH chems I might try a frozen bucket just to see.
do you have link to Vintner's Cellar? This seems to be a fairly common name and there are a whole bunch of them when i did a google search

thanks

do you have link to Vintner's Cellar? This seems to be a fairly common name and there are a whole bunch of them when i did a google search

thanks
Absolutely, you will need to check out the locations as the franchises typically have more information on their website. Word of caution, their lineup is very confusing, if you can go down to a location they would be able to explain it better. I’m lucky enough to live 15 minutes away from one in canada. Again though not sure if the two buckets are any good, but you can usually tell from the beginning how these wines will turn out, so far i can say they were will be very good. They are both bold, tannic, and there is a lot going in which I’m hoping will age into complexity.

https://vintnerscellar.ca/locations/locations/

Absolutely, you will need to check out the locations as the franchises typically have more information on their website.
Unfortunately the closest one is a 3h drive from me. As it turns out, I just drove by them this weekend... wish I had known sooner. :(

Absolutely, you will need to check out the locations as the franchises typically have more information on their website. Word of caution, their lineup is very confusing, if you can go down to a location they would be able to explain it better. I’m lucky enough to live 15 minutes away from one in canada. Again though not sure if the two buckets are any good, but you can usually tell from the beginning how these wines will turn out, so far i can say they were will be very good. They are both bold, tannic, and there is a lot going in which I’m hoping will age into complexity.

https://vintnerscellar.ca/locations/locations/
thank yo again

Latest posts

Back