Juice Buckets. Confirm my thoughts please

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete1325

Reaction score
Hi all, just need to confirmation to my thoughts. i purchased three wine juice buckets, they arrive while I was on vacation. My cousin helped out by picking them up and dropping them of in my garage. in the past I would add my own yeast but have had them start to ferment on their on without yeasting. of course being gone I had no choice but to let mother nature do her thing. i had my cousin pull the little rubber plugs so the plastic buckets wouldn't explode while i was gone. I pulled the covers today and the SG is at 1.000. My guess is it's done fermenting and no harm. they small normal and no nasty taste. I plan to let them sit for a few days and put in glass carboy and let them age...Any thoughts?

Commercial yeast is selected strains of "wild" yeast. The big difference is that with commercial yeast, you know what you're getting.

If the wine smells and tastes fine, it's likely fine. As Jim suggested, get it under airlock and proceed as normal.

Back