Juice Bucket sourcing in Utah

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedRockGirl

Reaction score
I have a long list of questions.
I live in Southern Utah and can't seem to find any wine making groups anywhere in the state to join a bulk buy or get advice. I would really like to get juice buckets, but would like to find a way to source them without shipping individual buckets for $$$$. I am 3.5 hours from Las Vegas if anyone knows anything in that area. Google hasn't helped me. My nearest LHBS are 3.5 or 5 hours away and focus most on beer brewing.

When do I need to put in an order? (month/season)
If online is my only option, where and what kind do you recommend (Juice, frozen, etc.)? Grapes are out at this point
Does anyone have a comprehensive list of online sources?
Which are best companies to work with?
I read somewhere on the forum about a group in Denver that buys in bulk, but can't seem to find them online. The truck would have to go through my area to get to them.
I'm having lots of fun making country wine and kits, but would really like to explore this option as well. Thanks!

I read somewhere on the forum about a group in Denver that buys in bulk, but can't seem to find them online. The truck would have to go through my area to get to them.
I'm having lots of fun making country wine and kits, but would really like to explore this option as well. Thanks!

I think @ibglowin gets his grapes just south of Denver. Don't know if that group gets juice though.

You live in the wrong state in your looking for a wine making club(s)...........

salt-lake-mormon-temple180.jpg

The club I work with is in Denver and we only get fresh grapes in the Fall from Lodi, CA.

Ugh Mike... Don't remind me. :( I'm fighting an uphill battle. My family belongs to that club. ^^^^

My wife was raised with that cult. She escaped as a teenager when her parents divorced. They found her here 30 years ago and to this day they attempt to visit every few months and even leave cards and gifts on the front door step trying to get her to come back. We got married by an Episcopal Priest! She got Baptized in the Episcopal church but still they keep coming to the house like clockwork. Just like the Hotel California, You can check out but you can never leave.........

Since you are on the (almost) West coast I would look for juice buckets or frozen must being made somewhere in CA. The shipping for frozen buckets/must would be pretty high coming in from the East. Guess it all depends on resource allocations etc.

Latest posts

Back