Jersey Shore checkin in

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowdy

Junior
Reaction score
whatsup all
member of HBT, migrated over here to try my hand at some wines..

WELCOME to another member from NJ !
Whats gonna be your 1st wine?

i am set up for just one gallon batches, i have two 2 gallon primaries, and 6 or 8 gallon glass carboys.
i have a batch of concord welches in primary now.
however i would really like to start some more proper wines. open to any suggestions..

What do you mean ny proper wines? If you mean fruit wines that will be a little hard in a 2 gallon primary as the fruit displace a lot of volume when its all in there so you might have to split it into 2 primary buckets in the beginning.

i guess i just want to make better than the typical store juice plus sugar and yeast prison toilet type stuff.
lol actually i'm not much of a wine guy, but recently drank a bottle of Chianti that i have had sitting around for probably 8 or so years, and it was pretty damn good. i gotta get to one of them wine tastings to see what i like and go from there.
i guess my minds palate is way beyond my actual palate...

i can probably get away with primary in one of my 7 gallon pails, but have to secondary in the one gallon carboys. as i have been dedicated the space for long term aging and thats all that will fit. or i have to cut back on the beer production and thats got a snowballs chance in hell lol..:)

Dan, it has been said a wise owl never sleeps! Should we go for this or see what happens?

Okay, I am stepping over the line now. Somewhere out there lurks a comment on this photo, but i refuse to be the first to respond. LOL
Troy
:)
:i

yikes.jpg

i guess i just want to make better than the typical store juice plus sugar and yeast prison toilet type stuff.
lol actually i'm not much of a wine guy, but recently drank a bottle of Chianti that i have had sitting around for probably 8 or so years, and it was pretty damn good. i gotta get to one of them wine tastings to see what i like and go from there.
i guess my minds palate is way beyond my actual palate...

i can probably get away with primary in one of my 7 gallon pails, but have to secondary in the one gallon carboys. as i have been dedicated the space for long term aging and thats all that will fit. or i have to cut back on the beer production and thats got a snowballs chance in hell lol..:)
You are not that far from Brewers Apprentice in Freehold. They are a brew on premis and also sell limited wine kits. I'm sure they can talk to you and find a good (6 gallon) kit for you

gettting close. Tom Please don't lock your door at shoot at me! Its me sratching on the door!!

Howdy Rowdy!
Welcome to the forum... I live about 17 miles from Point Pleasant... West Virginia, that is.
I just made my 1st wine and it was Apple Juice Wine... really easy to make.
Later...
Bill

Latest posts

Back