Jelly wine help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue

Reaction score
Started two jelly wines two weeks ago....they both started at 1.100. Used lavlin ec1118 yeast. After a week I transferred into six gallon carboys....airlock activity is good, and bubbles are going but a week later the one is at 1.08 and the other 1.07. Any suggestions on what I can do so that both aren't a loss.

S.G. -- 1.007 / 1.008 or 1.080/1.070 ?? Use plenty of pectic enzyme ??
The other thing is using a good nutrient schedule/

Bill

Maybe the best thing to do is make a starter. I used 2 teaspoons enzyme for 1 1/2 gal. I did mine with starter and added small increments
of must to get it going. Still only got to S.G. 1.014. Good luck !!

Bill

Maybe the best thing to do is make a starter. I used 2 teaspoons enzyme for 1 1/2 gal. I did mine with starter and added small increments
of must to get it going. Still only got to S.G. 1.014. Good luck !!

Bill
Thanks for the advice. It has been really cold here so the supply store told me to get it into a warmer room...it was only about 67. Moved it tonight. Airlock is bubbling in both about every two seconds and have good bubbles coming to the top. If this doesn't help in a couple of days I will definately try a starter. Thanks again.

Do you have an airlock on the carboy? I would take it off. Actually it should stay in a primary bucket until sg is around 1.010 before racking to a carboy.

Do you have an airlock on the carboy? I would take it off. Actually it should stay in a primary bucket until sg is around 1.010 before racking to a carboy.
I moved to carboy too early. I did have an airlock on carboy but removed it and put a bow off tube on both. Both are bubbling away like crazy this morning so am very hopeful. Will leave blow off tube on until I see things settle down. Fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Back