Jalapeno wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green_Acres

Reaction score
I'm making halapeno wine off jack keller web page, I made it to the T from the Recipe I did not chance any thing, it been in the secondary for about a month now, it working nicely, is there any thing I need to watch for, I've only been making wine a yr now and this is my fourth time making wine the first and sec one came out good, used a kit for the third one and did not do well. right now all I know is after tasting it last night a little dab well do you, but very good.

I'm making halapeno wine off jack keller web page, I made it to the T from the Recipe I did not chance any thing, it been in the secondary for about a month now, it working nicely, is there any thing I need to watch for, I've only been making wine a yr now and this is my fourth time making wine the first and sec one came out good, used a kit for the third one and did not do well. right now all I know is after tasting it last night a little dab well do you, but very good.

I made a batch of jalapeno based on Keller's recipe. It came out very tasty and very hot. I bottled in 375's - it's a GREAT cooking wine!

Nothing special other than it took a long time to clear, so don't be afraid to rack a couple of times even if it isn't visibly dropping sediment. Racking this one helped keep it clearing.

Awesome! Another Bama Boy. LOL.
Welcome.

You should go to the "Introductions" thread and let us know some stuff about yourself. There's also a "This is me" thread where folks are posting pics. And THE MAP, i am kinda lonely being the only one from Alabama on the map.

The guys & gals here are very knowledgeable and, above all, willing to help.
Ask any questions about anything you feel unsure about.

The search function is your friend, use keywords, and make sure to check out the "Similar Threads" links at the bottoms of most results, be careful though, time can get away from you.

I am going to standardize this welcome at some point. LOL.

don't think you're the only 'bama boy roaming around. i might be stuck in the land of hippies and good weather but i'm a huntsville native.

:u
was going to rack out my Jalapeno wine to clean carboy and thought I tasted it, I now have FIREWATER :se boy has this got HOT :f1 man it was good, my wife said I had smoke coming for my ear :D

has any one else that's made Jalapeno wine did your get hotter as it finished?

most everythnig I've ever made using hot peppers has always gotta hotter with time

most everythnig I've ever made using hot peppers has always gotta hotter with time

It will get hotter until it reaches it's peak, then as it ages it will mellow out some.

Back