Jalapeno Pepper Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Jalapeno wine that you had Dan was made from a green apple base.
Yes, I called the place you bought it from and it was the OB kit they used. That was the only info I could get though. They added more stuff but they wouldn't give it up! I also liked the addition of the seeds in the bottle.

I have started a skeeter pee with no slurry but next time I'll try using a green apple slurry. Wonder if those seeds in the Jalapeno wine are new seeds or ones left over?

My guess is they were from the beginning, but good question. If they filtered they would have had to seperate them out first. I had some peppers with good looking white seeds and some with some small black ones. I am thinking it must have been an age thing.

If memory serves I used about 15 jalapenos. 1 lb of raisins and sg 1.075

Dig out your recipe and post it here as best as you recollect. We want to have a pepper wine tasting when everything is done and then we can call the local fd to put out the flames coming from our mouths after it is all said and done.

Hey I'm all for getting to together and have a hot pepper wine tasting, we should have mexican food with it

Habernaro Pepper Wine
1 gallon

3 cans welch's whtie grape concentrate
1/2 cup sugar - sg 1.072
1 tsp nutrient
1/4 tsp tannin
1/2 tsp k-meta
5-2" habernaro peppers (one was red)

I haven't checked the acid yet, I like to wait 24 hours before I check.

Habernaro Pepper Wine
1 gallon

3 cans welch's whtie grape concentrate
1/2 cup sugar - sg 1.072
1 tsp nutrient
1/4 tsp tannin
1/2 tsp k-meta
5-2" habernaro peppers (one was red)

I haven't checked the acid yet, I like to wait 24 hours before I check.

I have Jalepano working now, started on 7/29/2010 I used the one off jack kelly, left the seed pod in SG was 1.075, chop up Jalepano .have 2.5 gal going used 18 pepper per gal. It is good & nice an spicey. :se

a friend of my has been wanting me to do a Habernaro wine too, what kind of yeast , I have lalvin 1118 that what I used in my Jalepano wine. I would think habernaro would be :se:se:se

I was thinking Cajun Shrimp. Mmmmmm Mmmmmm Good. Use a little wine to marinate the shrimp in.

Doug I like the way you're thinking. I bet shish ka bobs mrinated in it would be good also. Could you imagine taking a bottle to the bar with you and share with someone eating killer wings?

Last edited:
Last night I pitched the yeast starter and today she's a blowing. Added the two pounds of golden raisins and gave er another good stir. Sounds like an ocean in a sea shell and looks like the swampnest monster is going to reach out and grab you by the neck. OH and the aroma...thank god my daughter is back at college. SG is down to 1.07

Last night I pitched the yeast starter and today she's a blowing. Added the two pounds of golden raisins and gave er another good stir. Sounds like an ocean in a sea shell and looks like the swampnest monster is going to reach out and grab you by the neck. OH and the aroma...thank god my daughter is back at college. SG is down to 1.07

My entire first floor smells of peppers at this point since I'm doing mine in the kitchen counter. It smells yummy. A gallon bucket isn't quite deep enough for sg reading. Will report that later...

I am in the basement and you can detect it as soon as you walk in the house. uuumm uuuummm goood! I only have an 1/2" space left on top of the primary bucket. If it gets any more vigorous I may have to sit it in the laundry tub as a precaution.

I am in the basement and you can detect it as soon as you walk in the house. uuumm uuuummm goood! I only have an 1/2" space left on top of the primary bucket. If it gets any more vigorous I may have to sit it in the laundry tub as a precaution.

Vigirous fermentation slowed in my 2 1/2 gallon bucket. I put an air lock on the lid so I can at least tell its still going. Color is a cloudy yellowishwhite now. Quantity of peppers has decreased significantly from Sunday already.

Was going to take sg reading and figured I would wait til Friday.

:tsUnless you need a gas mask when working with it (not a dust mask) it is for sissys. LOL

My nuclear apple pepper wine would take your breath totally away when trying to work with it!

I had to move my primary to the laundry sink. I have it just lightly covered and those little beasties are really tearing up that sugar like they haven't eaten in a long time. Splish Splash they're giving me a bath everytime I get near them. Afraid it's going to spill over.

Ok, I adjusted acid to .675% adn pitched the yeast. I'm thinking tomorrow of starting another one with hungarian wax peppers.

Pepper wine is down to .998. All fermentation activity appears to have stopped. I'll check again in a few days so that I can get maximum soak time out of the peppers in the bag. I'm thinking i should have used more peppers.

How's yours coming along Dan?

Latest posts

Back