• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Jackpot!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fox Squirrel Vin

Reaction score
So I ordered 9 cases of bottles from Amazon.. I know I know.. I paid a few bucks more but when you live in the boonies and Diesel for my truck is $5.19 a gallon, and Amazon comes to the door and UPS dumps the stuff behind the gate and hauls ass, it's kinda worth it.

Anyway, tracking said the order was delivered, photo was not of my porch so I contacted Amazon and apparently if their drivers screw up and deliver to the wrong address, Amazon re-sends the order. Free of charge, no questions asked.

OK, cool. New bottles show up, not a single fatality, I'm happy!!

2 weeks go by and I come home today to 3 big boxes by the front gate. Whats this I wonder... 3 boxes of 3 cases of bottles! Who ever got my order from Amazon dropped them off at my gate. No note, nothing, just the bottles.

So I got 18 cases for the price of 9!

:db:db:db:db:db:db:db:db:db

Thanks Bezos!

May not be the drivers fault.
For a couple months I was getting Prime packages delivered to my barn, about 800 feet from the house. I updated delivery instruction to "brown house not white barn". Finally talked to a driver - they deliver to the GPS coordinates, that's the rule. For my next package I updated delivery instructions again to "brown house not white barn, your GPS is incorrect" and blocked the road with saw horses and had a sign pointing to the house. Success!

The experience started more than one conversation regarding common sense and following the rules.

For a couple months I was getting Prime packages delivered to my barn, about 800 feet from the house. I updated delivery instruction to "brown house not white barn". Finally talked to a driver - they deliver to the GPS coordinates, that's the rule. For my next package I updated delivery instructions again to "brown house not white barn, your GPS is incorrect" and blocked the road with saw horses and had a sign pointing to the house. Success!

The experience started more than one conversation regarding common sense and following the rules.
Rules are for weaklings, and common sense is no longer common. Give them the GPS coordinates of your house. Should be as easy to find as the polarity of coconut water.

Funny thing was, when I talked to Amazon, they have the GPS data of the delivery from the hand scanners. The lady agreed the delivery location was incorrect but would not tell me where it was delivered. I have received hundreds of packages from Amazon, this was the first that ended up at a different house.

I'm surprised they do not send the drivers to pick up the packages they delivered to the wrong address.

Okay I have to rant about one driver, Usually I have great service from UPS at both my residences. The vineyard/farm is a curvy narrow gravel drive but since the kids are grown and moved away, there is no traffic and delivery trucks have been negotiating for 45 plus years.

In December, I had a small UPS order to be delivered; the website said it was delivered but I had been outside all day and no truck had arrived; from the vineyard I can see the entire road. Later that evening, my husband found the package hanging in a bush near the main road. The driver had put a UPS form on the package that said no one was at home. I called and complained.

A couple weeks later I had Christmas presents on order to be delivered. I was in the vineyard again and watched the UPS truck turn up the drive, stop at the tree/bush, then back in a neighbor's drive and leave. I checked the delivery on the website; it said delivered. I walked down the drive and the package was laying along the drive next to the bush/tree. I called UPS again and had a complete fit. I haven't dared have anything else shipped to the farm.

@VinesnBines You gotta put a little house by the bush for your packages like one of those mini library things ?!

View attachment 87650
Great idea! Then we can take bets on how long before my crazy in-law runs over it. I would give it a life expectancy of 30 minutes.

I had a UPS driver that dearly loved my ancient Great Pyr. He gave Falkor dog biscuits every day. The driver was put on another route but Falkor watched for him the rest of his life.

So I ordered 9 cases of bottles from Amazon.. I know I know.. I paid a few bucks more but when you live in the boonies and Diesel for my truck is $5.19 a gallon, and Amazon comes to the door and UPS dumps the stuff behind the gate and hauls ass, it's kinda worth it.

Anyway, tracking said the order was delivered, photo was not of my porch so I contacted Amazon and apparently if their drivers screw up and deliver to the wrong address, Amazon re-sends the order. Free of charge, no questions asked.

OK, cool. New bottles show up, not a single fatality, I'm happy!!

2 weeks go by and I come home today to 3 big boxes by the front gate. Whats this I wonder... 3 boxes of 3 cases of bottles! Who ever got my order from Amazon dropped them off at my gate. No note, nothing, just the bottles.

So I got 18 cases for the price of 9!

:db:db:db:db:db:db:db:db:db

Thanks Bezos!
Hope you didn't bankrupt Bezos. :D

Latest posts

Back