Jack Kellers Site

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Popped in yesterday looking for something. Hadn't been there in a while.

As always it is informative and entertaining, and best of all, updated. For those who haven't been there in a while, be sure to "stop over", for those of you who have never been there, it is a great site to explore. If you leave there without learning anything, you're lying.

www.winemaking.jackkeller.net

Troy
:b

Yeah I've noticed that, alot of his fruit recipes seem weak on the amounts, and often times he doesn't mention the addition of sulphites, I quess that it is to be assumed.

Still a great site. There of course are others but his is a good one.

I've heard of that one. I didn't mention Jacks site for recipes. In fact when I brought it up this morning, I was thinking about other knowledge that could be found on his site.

Yes I enjoy looking through Jacks site too Troy, he's certainly got plenty of expertise to share, in fact I look through a lot of different websites for ideas.

Did you find some more information on the nut wines?

Allie

O M G
Do I hear OBSESSED ?

Last edited:
Jack is the man! I do also agree with Tom though that the recipes on that site always seem to be very low on amount of fruit and very high on sugar leaving you with a very potent weak in flavor wine that will need to be aged for over a year to really even come close to enjoying it. If there is ever a need to loom up some kind of recipe that cant be ound anywhere else its almost always there and gives you a base line to start with but you should know the essentials of decent starting sg's first.

Jack Keller-Short on fruit high on Sugar

Jack has made the point several times that he makes wine to suit himself. I quite often make my dry white wines slightly over acid. Out of balance a bit maybe, but that's the way I like them.

Jack does point out on his wineblog that he aims for higher alcohol because he only uses water to top up. That brings down the final alcohol and may well weaken the flavour and body a wee bit more, but that's Jack, that's the way he likes them.
He still wines prizes, so he must be doing something right.

Regards to all, Winemanden. :h

Latest posts

Back