Jack Keller's Home Winemaking book is out now

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my copy in the mail yesterday 👍
I pre-ordered mine back in February.
But I do add more fruit then Jack did in his recipes. But the book is a wealth of info and good recipes. Excellent for a new wine maker!

agreed - good recipes, but I often feel more fruit is warranted

I just received Jack's book. It should be noted that the book contains many recipes for fruits other than grapes. There is a section dealing with grapes however, it is focused on wild grapes and getting grapes from the grocery store or using frozen grapes. I hoped for some enlightenment (tips n tricks?) about winemaking from grapes of the 'standard' winemaking variterials, e.g. merlot, cabs, chardonnay, Sauvignon blanc, etc. I assume many of guidance tips regarding acids, etc. can be translated to wine making with more traditional wine grapes.
If one wants to be adventurous and go off the beaten wine making path, this book contains a wealth of interesting recipes. I personally don't find myself making rhubarb wine, or parsnip wine, or rutabaga wine, but to each their own.
I have made tomato wine with some success, as well as peach wine.
Good luck
J

Back