I've just realized..........

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanne

Fiesty Winer
Reaction score
I've been making wine for 30 years this year. I started as a child taught by my mum. Didn't drink it then obviously but I did make it. AND I'm still learning everyday.
Wow. Anyone else had a realization like this?

Last edited:
I have been making wine for a long time as well. I am always learning something new all the time. This forum is one of the best learning ones out there. We all have screwed up our wine at one time or another. Here we not only share those episodes but also share out successes. :hug

I havent been making wine nearly that long but my kids, especially my son will be able to say that as he is my big helper.

I have been making wine for a long time as well. I am always learning something new all the time. This forum is one of the best learning ones out there. We all have screwed up our wine at one time or another. Here we not only share those episodes but also share out successes. :hug

Goodness, yes. I have had some spectacular screw ups over the years. I always say that when I ruin a wine I do it on a grand scale!

I have only been making wine now for about 1.5 years and have learned everything I know from this forum and it is an awesome place. At this point I am not doing this with any other wine makers in this area. So what does this mean..when I screw up I just blame Wade and Tom...:db:tz:db:tz:sm

I have only been making wine now for about 1.5 years and have learned everything I know from this forum and it is an awesome place. At this point I am not doing this with any other wine makers in this area. So what does this mean..when I screw up I just blame Wade and Tom...:db:tz:db:tz:sm

Yeah, now I just have to teach Troy to get it into bottles!:slp

Go ahead :slp, WE both have big shoulders !

Oh no 30 years & still learning that means I be real old & still trying to learn . But the way I figure if I learn your guys mistakes that will cut my time in half .Plus you guys didn't a great bunch like we do here to help you when you first started .

I hope after a year and I half I have half the supply buiilt up as you. Don't think it will happen unfortunately but we're working on it.

Fortunately any of mine were minor and I was able to fix them. Only due to learning here and it all relates back to impatience. Sometimes I get so excited I just want to bottle but you need to wait.

Doug, you'll get a nice supply soon enough. My first year I kept it small not sure if I was going to like wine making. After that I slowly started doing more and more then Julie got me into this "Tropical Breeze" and it looks awesome!!!! I just racked it Friday and I'll let it age.

Thanks, all of you are the BEST!

first wine was when I was 8 with my Grandfather, we lived in Grapeview. Nothing but Concords. My first Bottle Bombs was when I was 9. OK 51-8 =43 holly cow thats alot of wine. No I drink very little. I was popular in High School. I was the guy who alway had the hooch

I have really enjoyed this forum and all the helpful people on it. I'm new to wine making only 10 batches in 2 1/2 yrs. I have benefited from help, ideas and instruction I have found here It makes me feel like Im part of a big family.

Lloyd you are part of a family. Good to have you here. Ask away. What are you making now? What have you made? What do you want to make?

We'd sure all be happy to help if we can.

All you have to do is ask.

Well I have only been making wine since last fall.:d
Everyone on here has been very helpfull.:try

Leanne, how could you have been making wine for 30 yrs, when you can't be a day over 29????;);)

I'm kinda wondering too! She told me she was 24! I should have checked her I.D. before we decided to get married.

Come to think of it, she is way to ornery to be 24!!

(Troy cowers under the desk with his tail between his legs and waits for that proverbial smack of the frying pan) LOL

I'm kinda wondering too! She told me she was 24! I should have checked her I.D. before we decided to get married.

Come to think of it, she is way to ornery to be 24!!

(Troy cowers under the desk with his tail between his legs and waits for that proverbial smack of the frying pan) LOL

With your luck it's probably gonna be a cast iron skillet...

Latest posts

Back