I've got a job!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good first day .. made a start on the online sales.. and the office is looking tidier hehehehe

have some homework.. learning about the products.

nice people too

Allie

Congratulations on the job.

Jobs in the U.S. are hard to come by.

I applied for a part time jailer job in Mankato. Didn't get hired in spite of 10 years experience in the same jail with no bad marks. And 22 as a cop.

Don't know it it is because of my age (71) or my previous union activities (Steward). I am in better shape than most of the jailers working there.

Got nominated for the steward position by the Assistant Jail Administrator, I think he thought I am normally a quite person and can be pushed around.

He was wrong. I took the job serious and made them follow the contract a number of times.

That is truely awesome that you found a new job, with good folks to work with too! Hope things continue to work out for you. Good news is few and far between lately thank god some one is moving forward in these tougher times.

NZ felt the recession.. not quite as much as you guys in the US though, I think.

Was really feeling the loss of income from artwork.. art is a luxury item..plus two of my teens are grown ups now..

I need something for me.. beyond dishes, washing/cleaning and picking up after other people..you do get taken for granted.. it's going to be a shock to their systems this week..

they've had plenty of warning though.

Allie

Gawd,,, 45 you're still in the prime of life!!!
It is great to hear that you've found something good and enjoyable.

Congrats Allie! Sounds like you found a nice job.
Welcome back to working for someone else to make a living.

Are you still going to do your artwork? I think that would be way more fun.

Lots of luck in the new career.

Nice they are working on Energy, that can be used and recycled. WOW , I am also intersted in this kind of things but only in dreams :sm

So Congrats for the job :hug

Latest posts

Back