It's true, it's true! I'm drinking my SP!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myakkagldwngr

Reaction score
I got to looking at my 6 gal of Skeeter Pee and at the next batch going, so I decided to bottle the first batch today.
It is amazing how clear it got after three rackings. And it's also amazing how good it is.
I ended up with 28 - 750's plus a glass or two out of six gallons.
I am figuring that the % came out to just below 12%.
If I had left it at 5 it would have been close to 14.5%.
I'm pleased with the taste, very much like lemonade. I followed the recipe close except for some extra sugar and then when I racked it the last time I added one extra bottle of lemon juice, 4 cups of sugar and upped it from 5 to 6 gallons.
So right now, I'm bowing to the orginator of the PEE!
It is well worth keeping a fermentor going all the time.

EXCELLENT!! I brew mine around 14% also. Drink it very cold! It'll bite ya! Good stuff huh? Did you back sweeten? I kinda like it a little tart myself.

Congradulations, thats what its all about!!

(I'm assuming you hit it with some sorbate before you bottled)

Troy

Last edited:
The world will NEVER have enough Pee drinkers. You're just in time for the summer season; I find that it gets consumed too fast, hard to produce fast enough.

NM just looked at the web ste, guess i shudda done that first (do NOT send me to corner LOL)

Yeah Troy, I did back sweeten it, but it is still lemonade.
I started with the SG over 1.10 really by accident so when I racked it the second time I moved it to a 6 gallon BB then added the sorbate and sulfite, plus 4 more cups of sugar syrup and brought the total up to 6 gallons.
It had ferment dry. I thought the hydrometer was going to sink to the bottom.
And yeah, everyone is right. It will clear up nicely on it's own. You could easily see thru the glass except for the ice making it sweat.

Latest posts

Back