It's Happening!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
Got the email from Washington Winemakers that price list and order forms should be out in about a week. Current estimated delivery is Sept 28th, but they're saying the grapes are about a week behind last year. IIRC, I picked up my grapes that last weekend in September last year. Either way, I've got some bottling to do in the next few weeks.

I’m seeing the same in Nor Cal Sierra Foothills, grapes are 1-2 weeks behind last year. Lots of rain in the winter and a somewhat cool summer (until now). Some nice cool nights, so hopefully there is some acid left in the berries this year.

I’m seeing the same in Nor Cal Sierra Foothills, grapes are 1-2 weeks behind last year. Lots of rain in the winter and a somewhat cool summer (until now). Some nice cool nights, so hopefully there is some acid left in the berries this year.

From the other thread and what I've been reading the ideal Viognier should be 23 brix and pH 3.3

Just spoke to him about that yesterday as well. He's only getting WA grapes, no Cali this year. I know he's getting Merlot, CF and CS but don't know what else. If by some chance he's getting PV I might get that from him and not Lanza.

If there’s availability, I may do some of those again this year and just Touriga from WW.

If there’s availability, I may do some of those again this year and just Touriga from WW.

I think it will be available at $2.00/lb. but you know when they were harvested and where they came from.
If nothing else I'm doing the Touriga as well. I'm bottling it this weekend with 10% Tempranillo if you want a few bottles.

I have a commitment for local Petit Manseng, Viognier, Chambourcin, Norton and Tannat plus going to do another Washington State Cab Franc and a Lanza Petit Verdot. I think I can get a local CF and PV as well. Already made 12 gallons ea of S. African CS and Chilean Pinot Noir that I think will be very nice. Can't yet speak for the quality of the Virginia fruit except for Norton but I'm really becoming a believer in "you can't make good wine without good fruit". With the exception of the Touriga and possibly Petite Sirah the Lodi and South Central California fruit is just not cutting it.

Last edited:
Washington Winemakers order form is out. Still working on some local-ish PA grapes, not sure about them my apple wine from last year was ok, so planning a batch of that, too.

Already got my form filled out! :db

Here's my initial thoughts but waiting to see what CFP and Gino's have since theirs are sourced a little further north. I know it's a longer drive and the price is higher but I'm on this quality fruit kick.

Attachments

• WW order form GRAPES 2019 v1.pdf
    127.1 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Back