It's Happening!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, Craig agreed to run down to pick up my grapes. Can I just say he’s such a righteous dude. (Points if you know the movie reference.)

Pick up and crush is 9-10 for mine.

Fred - if you and Craig cross paths, he has $ for the bottles. Otherwise, another time.

Jim - Rose is on the way.

At crush, the must will be hit with Lallzyme EX and sit overnight until I get home. From there, we’ll kick off AF; and MLF 24 hours after that.

Can’t wait to see the SG and Ph numbers.

That would be Ferris Bueller.

Sounds like you have a great plan, your must should be very ready for running numbers and adjusting by Sunday. Craig's definitely a righteous dude!!!

That would be Ferris Bueller.

Sounds like you have a great plan, your must should be very ready for running numbers and adjusting by Sunday. Craig's definitely a righteous dude!!!

Oh, he's very popular Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude.

I'm not exactly sure of my schedule that day, but if possible, I'll try to get in before my 10am time slot. You're crushing there, right Jim? So you'll be around for a bit?
I'll hang. I saw on the schedule that a few in the 9-10 time slot have lots to crush, so I'll hold @jgmann67's grapes from crushing and help the other dudes/dudettes who have larger quantities, thereby making myself stay late enough to cross paths with you.

My pickup isn't scheduled until 10, but I plan to be there by 9:30.

I'll bring a few wines if anyone is interested. A brunello, syrah, pinot noir, viognier, lanza zin, forza and valpolicella. All are 2+ yrs old.

Some of them are actually 4+ years old. I'm finding that my habit of procrastination + wine making are paying off.

Last edited:
Zin: 25.8 Brix, 3.78 pH

Touriga: 24 Brix, 4.22 pH

Zin was 5 lugs, plus 1 lug of Petite Sirah. Touriga is 4 lugs, plus one each of Syrah and Tempranillo.

Zin: 25.8 Brix, 3.78 pH

Touriga: 24 Brix, 4.22 pH

Zin was 5 lugs, plus 1 lug of Petite Sirah. Touriga is 4 lugs, plus one each of Syrah and Tempranillo.

Sweet BRIX numbers, should be nice, ripe fruit. Touriga pH 4.22...wow! Been noticing quite a few high pH’s that folks have posted, ordered an extra pound of tartaric this week and have it here on standby..just in case.

Sweet BRIX numbers, should be nice, ripe fruit. Touriga pH 4.22...wow! Been noticing quite a few high pH’s that folks have posted, ordered an extra pound of tartaric this week and have it here on standby..just in case.

Brought the Touriga down to 3.78 and the Zin down to 3.7. D80 and D254 hydrating for the Touriga now. I'll use RP15 and BM4X4 on the Zinfandel.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back