It's February - Time to Prune in NC

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PCharles

Reaction score
Hi folks,

It's been too long since I visited the forum here. Well, it's February and time to get out in the vineyard here in North Carolina. We're glad to see cooler temperatures here in Western North Carolina after last years no winter mess. Frost in the spring did a job on the grapes in my neck of the woods. With the cool weater, I've spent a little time putting together a vineyard/winery photo set. If you have a few minutes, perhaps you might enjoy the sights. When you get to the link below, click the slidewhow button on the right to zip right through the photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76228400@N07/

Sept 04-2011-57-FS-1.jpg

Great photos and location PC. What kind of grapes are these and what wine did you make? I am in San Diego and just started to prune my vines for the first time. I have 650 vines with head pruning and VSP. I wanted to wait a bit to prune, but it looks like with the warm weather I may get budding out pretty soon.

Gary

Charles, as we are freezing our aspirations off here in Ohio, I have only one thing to say to you...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Z2MP8vMWU[/ame]

I hear ya Rocky. Hey, it's like 23 here this AM... too cold. No problem as spring isn't far off.

Gary, the grapes in these pics vary from Cabernet sauv, Merlot, Cab franc, and Petit verdot.

Paul as usual your pictures are fantastic. As I was watching the slide show I can't tell you how many times I thought that one is my favorite. A lot of awesome label material there also.

Last edited:
Charles, fantastic pics! Not sure if you saw any of my post or pics but we spent the Holidays in Duck, NC. Beautiful state you live in!

Fantastic pictures! Being from IL, my daughter went to WCU on an athletic scholarship and we made the 10 hour drive numerous times a year. Even after graduation, we still try to make it down to this area at least twice a year. Just a glorious part of the country with wonderful people/friends!

Latest posts

Back