Italy ,Spain, and France when to visit ???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSwiner

Reaction score
My husband and me are planning on going to Italy , Spain and France next year but can't figure out what time of the year would be a good time to . Doesn't have to be real hot just nice weather . OF course we want to tour some of the wineries .We plan on going for 3 weeks to make it worth the trip .This will probably be a once in a lifetime trip so want to make it a good as possible.I know some of you have done traveling and might be able to help me out .

Well, just remember that the closer to England you get at any time of year, the wetter it gets! :rn
For most of Europe I'd suggest late summer to be honest.

We just got back from Italy about three weeks ago and the weather was 70-75 the two weeks we were there. Our guide said the busy season starts around mid may. Where are u planing to go in Italy ?

Thanks for the info .I know we want to go to the Tuscany area for sure we haven't made a set plan yet just in early stages at this point . My hubby's bro & wife are planning on coming with us so they have some places they want to see .I'm open to any place .So do you think it was good to have a guide ?

I loved England. Next time I go, it'll be in better company though.

Thanks for the info .I know we want to go to the Tuscany area for sure we haven't made a set plan yet just in early stages at this point . My hubby's bro & wife are planning on coming with us so they have some places they want to see .I'm open to any place .So do you think it was good to have a guide ?

Darlene,

if you are heading to tuscany.. add 'Lucca' to your sightseeing schedule..it's a medieval walled city with cobbled streets and I loved it there. Florence is just a trainride from Lucca.

there's nothing in pisa besides the leaning tower and the church.. so don't plan an overnight stay if you go there.. it'll be a bit of a waste of time and resources, and the locals are grumpy.

We went in Oct, it was fall season.. when it rains there.. it soaks you to the skin in minutes. lots of nigerians on street corners selling overpriced umbrellas lol.. I'd suggest june/ july.

Allie

I'd recommend August thru till early November, my last trip ended midway through november and by then it got damn cold. But September/October is really nice and you miss all the summer traffic.

A few years ago we visited Tuscany/Chianti at the beginning of September (spent some time at the Chianti Festival in Greve--unbelievable how passionate the Italians are about their wine, but with great reason)...weather was awesome. 80F during the day and very pleasant at night.

So sounds like late summer / early fall is the best time so far .

Latest posts

Back