WineXpert Italian Pink Pinot Grigio by Winexpert

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Higuchem

Junior
Reaction score
The Pink Pinot Grigio by Wine Expert is up for pre order and I am wondering if anyone can share their experiance/review of this kit.

Thanks

This is a new limited edition kit to replace the cab sauv rose from last year. I made that one and it was excellent. Will be ordering this one also.

This is a new limited edition kit to replace the cab sauv rose from last year. I made that one and it was excellent. Will be ordering this one also.

Did your cab sav come with a flavor pack and if so did you add it? I like my Pinot dry and if it does I might not put it in or only use half of it.

Thanks

The Cabernet Sauvignon Rose did not come with an f-pack. It is dry and delicious.

When I read 'Pink Pinot Grigio' I immediately thought sweet. It is probably similar to a Sauvignon Blanc rose that came out a couple years ago. Basically, a Sauvignon Blanc with a small, red f-pack.

Ah, I misspoke, actually made the sauv blanc rose that came with the f-pac. I added the entire f-pack up front but ended up backsweetening because it didn't taste balanced. The end result was fantastic

Ah, I misspoke, actually made the sauv blanc rose that came with the f-pac. I added the entire f-pack up front but ended up backsweetening because it didn't taste balanced. The end result was fantastic

It was a good wine - I did half the f-pack in primary and the rest for backsweetening.

There is plenty of color in the skins of Pinot Grigio to make a Rose' style wine. No need for any color to be added.

11_29_2011_5.jpg

When I read 'Pink Pinot Grigio' I immediately thought sweet. It is probably similar to a Sauvignon Blanc rose that came out a couple years ago. Basically, a Sauvignon Blanc with a small, red f-pack.

True, Mike. Thanks for pointing that out. Knee jerk reaction is to think of it as a 'green' grape, but it isn't.

True, Mike. Thanks for pointing that out. Knee jerk reaction is to think of it as a 'green' grape, but it isn't.

Hmmm, and here I always thought of Pinot Gris as a GRAY grape, somewhere between Pinot NOIR and Pinot BLANC. Wonder why that is..... :)

I always thought of Pinot Gris as a GRAY grape, somewhere between Pinot NOIR and Pinot BLANC.

FWIIW: Yep, "gray" is the name in most languages to describe the color (Pinot gris, Pinot grigio, Grauburgunder, Szürkebarát).

But my Pinot gris tends to be a grayish-blueish-lightpurpleish-redish grape. So not easy to really color classify. Especially when, due to the rather unstable genetics that all Pinot is known for, it undergos spontaneous mutations creating chimerical clusters with multiple berry colors:

2017-08-25 08.55.16.jpg

or even single berry chimeras:

2017-08-25 08.42.35.jpg

Yes, a little science in the show each and every evening. :)

The Pink Pinot Grigio by Wine Expert is up for pre order and I am wondering if anyone can share their experiance/review of this kit.

Thanks
Where did you see this? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Back