Quantcast

WineXpert Italian Pink Pinot Grigio by Winexpert

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Higuchem

Junior
Reaction score
The Pink Pinot Grigio by Wine Expert is up for pre order and I am wondering if anyone can share their experiance/review of this kit.

Thanks

cubluffs

Neophyte
Reaction score
This is a new limited edition kit to replace the cab sauv rose from last year. I made that one and it was excellent. Will be ordering this one also.

Higuchem

Junior
Reaction score
This is a new limited edition kit to replace the cab sauv rose from last year. I made that one and it was excellent. Will be ordering this one also.
Did your cab sav come with a flavor pack and if so did you add it? I like my Pinot dry and if it does I might not put it in or only use half of it.

Thanks

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
The Cabernet Sauvignon Rose did not come with an f-pack. It is dry and delicious.

When I read 'Pink Pinot Grigio' I immediately thought sweet. It is probably similar to a Sauvignon Blanc rose that came out a couple years ago. Basically, a Sauvignon Blanc with a small, red f-pack.

cubluffs

Neophyte
Reaction score
Ah, I misspoke, actually made the sauv blanc rose that came with the f-pac. I added the entire f-pack up front but ended up backsweetening because it didn't taste balanced. The end result was fantastic

Boatboy24

Reaction score
Ah, I misspoke, actually made the sauv blanc rose that came with the f-pac. I added the entire f-pack up front but ended up backsweetening because it didn't taste balanced. The end result was fantastic
It was a good wine - I did half the f-pack in primary and the rest for backsweetening.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There is plenty of color in the skins of Pinot Grigio to make a Rose' style wine. No need for any color to be added.

When I read 'Pink Pinot Grigio' I immediately thought sweet. It is probably similar to a Sauvignon Blanc rose that came out a couple years ago. Basically, a Sauvignon Blanc with a small, red f-pack.

Boatboy24

Reaction score
True, Mike. Thanks for pointing that out. Knee jerk reaction is to think of it as a 'green' grape, but it isn't.

geek

Still lost.....
Reaction score
Has anyone confirmed this kit will have a flavor pack?

balatonwine

The Verecund Vigneron
Reaction score
I always thought of Pinot Gris as a GRAY grape, somewhere between Pinot NOIR and Pinot BLANC.
FWIIW: Yep, "gray" is the name in most languages to describe the color (Pinot gris, Pinot grigio, Grauburgunder, Szürkebarát).

But my Pinot gris tends to be a grayish-blueish-lightpurpleish-redish grape. So not easy to really color classify. Especially when, due to the rather unstable genetics that all Pinot is known for, it undergos spontaneous mutations creating chimerical clusters with multiple berry colors:

2017-08-25 08.55.16.jpg

or even single berry chimeras:

2017-08-25 08.42.35.jpg

Yes, a little science in the show each and every evening. :)

Elizajean

Gaining experience one carboy at a time....
Reaction score
The Pink Pinot Grigio by Wine Expert is up for pre order and I am wondering if anyone can share their experiance/review of this kit.

Thanks
Where did you see this? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!