Italian floor corker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an Italian floor corker and have used it for about 10 years. I notice now that the 'push pin' is getting out of alignment with the center of the iris and the operating arm is a little 'wonky.' I don't see any adjustment that would help and everything seem to be tight enough. I am considering adding some homemade bushings.

Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions? The corker is still quite usable but it requires a little extra effort to insert the corks. I have no complaints with the unit as it has bottled 1000's of bottles of wine over the time I have had it. May be time for a new one.

Thank you.

NorCal, I want to thank you again for the tip on fixing my corker. I got the bearings today, some hardened bolts from Home Depot and installed the bearings. The corker works better than new. I have attached some pictures showing the mounting and where the push rod centers on the closed iris. As we say here in Ohio, "slicker than snot!"

100_1346.JPG
100_1347.JPG

I just bought an Italian floor corker that has a flat metal seat for the bottle. My Portuguese corker has a plastic seat that centers the bottle on the seat. When I go online I see some come with a red seat with a raised center but I can't seem to find a source. Anyone ever had to buy one?

NorCal, I want to thank you again for the tip on fixing my corker. I got the bearings today, some hardened bolts from Home Depot and installed the bearings. The corker works better than new. I have attached some pictures showing the mounting and where the push rod centers on the closed iris. As we say here in Ohio, "slicker than snot!"

View attachment 56324
View attachment 56325
Nice!

Latest posts

Back