It was time

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
Been working on cleaning out freezer and decided it was time to take out the 30 pounds of raspberries before they became freezer burnt. Took two mess bags to hold them all. 1 1/2 gallons honey, 30 pounds raspberries, yeast, yeast nutrients, PE, a little bentonite, mix it all together and away we go. This has become my favorite mead RASPBERRY. I will ferment this at 75 degrees and add honey and nutrients as time goes on.

I can't make enough of it. All the locals started liking my statues on facebook when I posted it was in fermentor

What you've done sounds great.. and i heard raspberries are very nutritious. It is low in calories but are rich in dietary fibers and anti-oxidants. Good for the health I say.

Thank you.

I remove most of fiber when juicing and the rest settles out with finings. If your looking for healthy just eat the fruit. I have a hard time getting berries to the fermenter because I will eat them all summer. These were last pick of year and I ate about 15 pounds while picking, thats why these berries got to freezer. I was tired of raspberries.

Well, you can try something else which you think is available. Raspberries are great, but if your tired of it then, you can find a lot more and experiment.

you miss understand, I ate 15 pounds while pick the berries I just fermented. So they all went to freezer because I had eatin so many already that day. I am a berry eating fool and consume at least 10 pounds of frozen berries a week. I had to pick almost 200 pounds of strawberries to get 2 batches. I picked over 150 pounds of blackberries to get 2 batches. Damn things just keep ending up in my belly

Oh I see. You are saying that you are a raspberry eater that much. That is really something different if you overfeed yourself with it. Well, just pair it with daily exercise instead to get rid of it in your belly. I think that might help you while feeding yourself a lot more raspberries. ;)

Back