Quantcast

It is that day

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
Well,l it is that day. Today was spent scraping labels and cleaning bottle( been putting it off for weeks) because I am out of 6 gallon carboys,again. Instead of driving to Canada and buying another decided to bottle Malbec. Ya, Ya, Ya we have all been there. Should have bought the clean cases of bottles at brew store he had for 5 dollars a case. O well back to bottle washing:d

Zoogie

Reaction score
LOL comfort that is as bad as waiting for it to age>>>> :w get back to work zoogie

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
But then you would have paid money for something you can get for free and that my friend isnt wise unless you are a winery in which that isnt allowed or have 20 gallons to bottle.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
WMT Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I pay 2.00 a case for all my used bottles with labels. It's a labor of love! As said earlier get back to work!!:cw

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
You pay for bottles with labels on them, they should pay you!

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
the bottle they gave me have labels. Hell we dont have a bottle deposit law here. Bottles are easy to get just a pain to figure out which have the easy off labels

jeepingchick

**Domestic Goddess**
Reaction score
lol ya we pay .05 a bottle for as many bottles as they have available LOL this works for beer but no one ever tuns in wine bottles ....those lables are a PITA but an over night oxy soak usually helps LOADS

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
I get all my wine bottles delivered by alcoholic kiwi's for free...

(most of them still have their drivers licenses)

Allie

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
The Italian restaurant down the road saves me bottles too. Never tell your friends you need bottles. I came home from work with the porch full several times. Last time I took all the ones I didn't want out to curb for recycling there was over 400. The recycling truck driver couldn't stop laughing as I helped him load them in. Asked if I thought about going to AA

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
The Italian restaurant down the road saves me bottles too. Never tell your friends you need bottles. I came home from work with the porch full several times. Last time I took all the ones I didn't want out to curb for recycling there was over 400. The recycling truck driver couldn't stop laughing as I helped him load them in. Asked if I thought about going to AA
heheheh.

yeah all my friends drop bottles off. I know that feeling!

:bt