Iso-Kleer?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaWa

Reaction score
I bought some of this for clearing. however I suspect it may be quite old as I cant find any info about it and it has little white lumps floating around in it....should I use it?
Actually I have had really great results using banana gravy so maybe I'll just stick to that

Hi Pete,
You take about a kilo of black, but not rotten, bananas, peel them and chop into short bits. cover with water and boil for about 15 minutes. the banana pieces should still be whole and not falling apart. then you strain and cool the liquid. Add the liquid (or 'gravy') to wine at any time but I added it to mine last and left in a cool place to clear. took a week. Crystal clear!!! also adds body to a slightly thin wine.

The ISO-Kleer that we get in Canada is Isinglass with a little citric acid and K-meta (by memory, I didn't go downstairs to find a packet). It always has some white particles floating in it.

Steve

WaWa,
That's interesting - thanks I'll have to give it some thought.
Presently using bananas in some cases to body up in pace of raisins, cheers petes

Back