WineXpert island mist!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitten

Junior
Reaction score
so i have just started my first batch of wine... got an island mist blueberry pino noir anyone else try the island mist line?

i did add an extra 3 lbs of sugar because 6% alcohol is just not wine to me so im excited to see how it turns out

I added 3lbs sugar to the Green Apple Riesling.. It gets bottled next weekend, but took a sample of it saturday night.. Very good!! Others report a jet fuel type taste to it.. I didn't taste that in mine.. Already got another island mist kit on the way!!

OG 1.082
FG 0.990

FG after F-Pack 1.008

ABV 12.3%

My first wine was the Island mist white Zinfandel with exotic fruits. It turned out really nice and we started drinknig it straight away with really pleasant results, Id say an almost melon taste to it rather than any of the fruits mentioned. Im keeping some of it to age so I can see the difference but Id have to say its a good result. I also tried a sample of the apricot chardonnay but it was bland and boring, that one was made at the home brew shop.

Like you i think Ill add sugar though to ny future kits as the low percentage makes it more like a wine cooler than a wine and you certainly cant taste any alcohol in it.

Im keen to try the wildberry shiraz next and keen to hear what your one tastes like.

April 1st the Pomegranate Zinfandel comes out.. All ready to order it up wednesday morning.. This one sounds like it will be excellent!

:)

We have made a couple wildberry sharaz and green apple rieslings - everyone tells us to make more.

How long do you age the wildberry shiraz for before first tasting? Is it ok straight away or not?

Latest posts

Back