WineXpert Island Mist Twisted Mist

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylie

Junior
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everybody know that Island Mist will be releasing more Twisted Mist (the strawberry margarita and mojito) kits by the end of the month.
They will also be adding another yeast pack to help clearing and having the S.G where it should be on the right day.

Last edited:
Thats interesting. Do you know what flavors? What has been you experiance on the first two or have you gotten any feed back on them?

The Strawberry Margarita is really good, in a blender with some ice. If you don't have the ice in it, it's very sweet and hard to drink.
The Mojito is good if you like Mojito that you would buy in a liquor store, taste just like it.
I've never heard of adding two yeast packs to speed up the process, have you?

I have made both kits and found them excellent. I used EC1118 yeast and super kleer in the ones I made and they were ready to bottle in around 20 days.

I just picked up the Mojito kit yesterday because my wife 'had to have it'. I'm not generally into minty-sweet flavored drinks, but what the heck it can't be too bad right?

I also picked up the Selection Estate series Italian Barolo. This kit is HARD TO FIND. My local shop has had this on order for 2 months before he finally received it. If you go to any wine shop, the Italian Barolo wines are generally in the $40 - $70 (per bottle) range. So I'm really hoping this kit produces a good representation of these commercial wines!

You can get the Italian Barolo kit in a Grand Cru international, it comes with dryed grape skins too. It's a really big seller here, amazing wine for the price ($79.99 canadian)

I got to sample the Bent grape Lemon Kiss/strawberry dream, and they are WOW if you like coolers. Very nice, I'm hoping to pick up a couple of kits for summer drinking :db

Woo...awesome,I like it
22.jpg
13.jpg
20.jpg
23.jpg
21.jpg

Latest posts

Back