WineXpert Island Mist Kiwi Pear

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaDawg

Reaction score
I started my Island mist kiwi pear kit last night. I capitalized it to bring the S.G. Up to 1.085 and it took more sugar that I would have thought. I have been making OB kits and they seem to take less sugar? I added the bentonite with a sub. Blender. And this morning we have fermentation! This one should ferment fairly quick. After all I am in West Georgia and the temp goes above 90* almost every day.

The kiwi pear is probably my favorite so far of the mist kits. I think I added 3 lbs or 3 1/2lbs sugar to mine. My ob kits do seem to take a pound or so less sugar also.
I agree with cmason, try to keep your temps lower if you can. Even in the 80's is to high, I try to keep mine between 68-75 if possible.

I've done the bath with Tshirt around the fermenter to wick the water. Helps be about 10*

The flavor come in the f pack, I wouldnt worry too much about "delicate" flavors. Besides, you are fermenting sugar water at this point. Not too many delicates in that.

The flavor come in the f pack, I wouldnt worry too much about "delicate" flavors. Besides, you are fermenting sugar water at this point. Not too many delicates in that.

That's why I don't put the f pack in the primary. Why ferment away the flavor?:db

I racked to secondary on 7/1/15 with an SG of 1.000. It is still bubbling like crazy. Probably just retained a lot of CO2. On 7/4/15 (Happy 4th) the SG .992 and still some CO2 coming out. I'll check it again on 7/7/15.

Latest posts

Back