WineXpert Island Mist Green Apple Riesling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bchilders

Taste Tester
Reaction score
Started this kit back in March of this year and yesterday I bottled it. Turned out great. It cleared up nicely. I had to use a brew belt during most of the process to maintain a temp of 72 to 75 F and followed the instructions without deviation. Great kit and the wine is a big hit.

Green apple Riesling.jpg

Did you up the ALCOHOL content by adding sugar and concentrate? If not, has anyone done this one this way? Henry

We bottled this kit a few weeks ago. We added half the F-pack upfront to cut the final sweetness and boost the alcohol. Bottling was a bit of a disaster (we stirred up a bit too much sediment), and we've only tried one bottle so far. It was pretty good, though: moderate sweetness, not too boozy, and strong green apple flavor that I'm hoping will mellow with age. I'll crack open a bottle this week sometime to see how it changed.

I made this kit 1 year ago. I added 9 cups of sugar and got a reading of 1.078 SG. Followed all the steps as instructed and added the whole flavor pack at the end. Everyone loves this wine and my sister told me not to forget the recipe. Ha!Ha! I plan to make this one again next year.

Mary Lou

Made this last spring for a summer guzzler... 3/4 fpack in primary and a couple pounds corn sugar to boost. Saved 1/4 fpack for backsweetening.. Was good... Now gone...

Opened up a bottle tonight! Strong apple on the nose, but it's moved to the back, flavor-wise. It's sweetened up a bit, too, but is maybe a little light on body for me. Overall, a very drinkable summer wine. I think it'd do well with a strawberry or two dropped in the bottle for a little something extra, or maybe in a sangria. We'll see how it changes in another three weeks!

In my trials of making this wine I found if you reduce the batch to 5 gal instead of 6 it makes for a lot better wine. More flavor and body. Just remember though if you modify a kit it does void any warranty.

BOB

Started this kit back in March of this year and yesterday I bottled it. Turned out great. It cleared up nicely. I had to use a brew belt during most of the process to maintain a temp of 72 to 75 F and followed the instructions without deviation. Great kit and the wine is a big hit.

Update, this wine took first place at a local home wine makers showcase. Great kit.

Back