Is Winemaking my Therapy?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My problem isn't too many empties or too many full bottles... my problem seems to be having enough to bottle all the wine, lol! I save the bottles that I drink, but don't get many back from the friends I give wine to, so nearly every batch finds me looking for more bottles...

Swung by and helped my dad rack and inoculate ML into his Sangiovese. Testing levels. Explaining things as he’s taking notes. And of course- while sipping on some wine.
Then later did a full cleanup/organize to my wine area. Giving the now neutral barrel a proper sanitize bath. (And still loving my sink. Don’t know I ever lived without it)

- without a doubt- yesterday was therapeutic

Adjustments.JPG

Swung by and helped my dad rack and inoculate ML into his Sangiovese. Testing levels. Explaining things as he’s taking notes. And of course- while sipping on some wine.
Then later did a full cleanup/organize to my wine area. Giving the now neutral barrel a proper sanitize bath. (And still loving my sink. Don’t know I ever lived without it)

- without a doubt- yesterday was therapeutic

View attachment 56913

Sinks are the bomb!

Sinks are the bomb!

Damn right! I still get a little sense of satisfaction every time I go down there.

After not even having any water source let alone a proper sink in my wine areas for so long- I actively decided to overcompensate. And in the end- It definitely wasn’t overkill. Just beneficial. Not having a comfortable or ideal work space definitely takes away from the “chill” factor.
To quote my father, “Work like a gentleman, not like an a**hole!”

Pfffssh, yea I'm embarrassed to show what my sink looks like.

Lol. Some of the more anal members of WMT might sh*t a brick if they saw the typical chaos!

I enjoy modifying my setup probably just as much as I do making the wine. Not talkin full renovation either. Just basic little necessities I enjoy. Like deciding how many & where to install new lighting — or figuring out the best dehumidifier to buy—or even finding some cool wall mount hygrometer/thermometer/clock.

The lighting just waiting for a free day. The dehumidifier is top priority at the moment

My problem isn't too many empties or too many full bottles... my problem seems to be having enough to bottle all the wine, lol! I save the bottles that I drink, but don't get many back from the friends I give wine to, so nearly every batch finds me looking for more bottles...

Stop giving wine to those that don't return bottles. Give more to those who bring back more bottles than they left with. ;)

Stop giving wine to those that don't return bottles. Give more to those who bring back more bottles than they left with. ;)
Not bad advice... especially about being more generous with those who return bottles! I may be good on bottles for a little while now, though. I found a local home vintner who is now putting his wine in kegs and will be moving later this fall. He had 20 cases of empties to find homes for. I was happy to take them off his hands so he wouldn't have to junk them or move them... I then spent the better part of Sunday afternoon making room for them in the basement ;)

Latest posts

Back