Is this right

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
I was going to buy a kit(yep)and make some of these summer wine cooler things. Went to FOP in Abbo0rtsford today and was looking at the stuff. Now near as I can tell WE takes cheap, high concentrate, wine juice and you make it in to wine, then flavor it with a F pac. Being sweet doesn't matter so no one minds kit taste, correct. What I did was go to costco and bought that cheap double kit for $68 and started it. I have 14lbs of frozen strawberries left and when its done I will make an f pac and add it to cheap white wine. I think this will work. Now should I jack up sg to increase alcohal? opinions are welcome

What kit did you buy?
That would make a difference. Now, If you want something like a "cooler" then I would shoot for 1.090 tops. BUT, depends on what you have. You cant make a cooler type on everything.

The kit is an off brand I never heard of before(Vino De Vida) sold at Canada costco. Its a Chardonnay kit. I have a staring SG of 1.095. It was at 1.08 I raised it alittle. when It finishish I am going to add a f Pac of strawberry and Vanilla to it(real beans)

The kit is an off brand I never heard of before(Vino De Vida) sold at Canada costco. Its a Chardonnay kit. I have a staring SG of 1.095. It was at 1.08 I raised it alittle. when It finishish I am going to add a f Pac of strawberry and Vanilla to it(real beans)
Vino del Vida is an RJ Spagnols product, so not 'off brand'. I had not heard of it being sold at Costco before. But my Costco (St Catharines Ontario) doesn't sell any wine kits.

There is nothing wrong with what you are doing. I wouldn't have raised the sg, but thats personal preference.

WE takes cheap, high concentrate, wine juice and you make it in to wine, then flavor it with a F pac.
Winexpert makes two styles of wines. The Island Mist, which is the traditional cooler type wine, makes a 6-7% wine. The limited edition Twisted Mist kits are a higher alcohol (12% I think) and flavoured like a mixed drink (Mojito or Margarita).

Steve

Well at $68 Canadian for a 12 gallon kit, its a cheap kit. People around here amaze me, it is 12 miles to Costco in Abbortford but they wont go, they will drive 38 miles into Bellingham. Costco sell 3 different kits here CPFan, another reason why you should never have left BC. That and this is the best place in the world to live

Latest posts

Back