Is this normal?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyT

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByWine Making1412612358.315038.jpg

I racked this out of the primary almost a week ago. It looks like a lot of sediment to me. Not sure if this is normal for a strawberry wine or not. Should I leave it sit on this much sediment or rack it off?

Did your primary have alot of sediment? Ive never made strawberry but my peach had an ungodly amount of sediment. im assuming it already dropped to 1.000 or lower? if so i would let it go for a month or so and then rack it off. your going to have to let it sit for quite awhile until it will clear.

Yeah I let it go dry in primary. The primary was like sludge in the bottom from sediment. I used a bag for the fruit and there wasn't much left in the bag when it was done. After 10 lbs this was all that was left. ImageUploadedByWine Making1412621909.208045.jpg

That is what my fruit bag usually looks like after fermenting dragon blood dry.
I'd say you got the most out of your fruit.

Is that a mesh, paint bag or what type is it? Looks like it let a lot of other things through plus the juice.

It was the nylon mesh bag that came with my kit. It looked pretty porous to me but what do I know!

Latest posts

Back