Is this cold enough to freeze fruit?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Holy Grape Skins my fellow winemakers!! This was two days ago. Just had to show you.
troy
Frozen Cops.jpg

Wow... now I feel like a wimp for wearing a jacket this morning because it was "cold" at 45 degrees.

If that's cold what the hell is warm?

ZERO and above

I can't begin to imagine how they can get internal combustion engines to run in that temp. The best anti-freeze I can get here is good to -32
My trucks don't want to start in the low 20's

Last night we had locally -23 celsius and that is
- 9.4 Fahrenheit.
Some people's car-batteries were frozen..........

Now it up to 5 Celsius (41F) again.......

No more ice-skating anymore for a few days....

Luc

Been colder than hell for going on 2 weeks, our highs in the day have been-35F. It's getting old, fast. Theyre telling us ny Sunday we should "warm" up to -20F, we'll be singing in the streets. You think thats hard on vehichles? Try using an outhouse!!!LOL

Been colder than hell for going on 2 weeks, our highs in the day have been-35F. It's getting old, fast. Theyre telling us ny Sunday we should "warm" up to -20F, we'll be singing in the streets. You think thats hard on vehichles? Try using an outhouse!!!LOL

Just one question for you Sid

What Yeast Do You Use In This Temperature?? :D

Damn That's COLD

We like to think that we make up for it in the summer, they really are pretty nice, remember, it doesn't get dark here in the summer, still a helluva price to pay all winter, they can indeed be brutal. This is my 30th winter here, but I still wonder to myself, "what the hell is a pollack from Wisconsin doing up here?"LOL

Crying and complaining about the cold all winter="Ice Wining", so you may not be to far off Wade!LOL

Getting old :mad:

I thought it said -02

Man that IS cold

Luc

Believe it or not today was 42 above, wont last long, going back to -20F this weekend. No sweat, we will still be singing in the streets.

ok sign is wrong, I did live in Fairbank when I was a kid and my Dad was stationed there in Air Force and there is no bare skin exposed at -62.there is no bare skin at -10 and you are dumb at 0 to go uncovered

And I guess the below picture is in the "summer"??

picture.php

Latest posts

Back