is this bad?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

secomeau

Junior
Reaction score
well im making a wine kit and i was suppose to do the rack #3 thusday the 10 april and only did it today monday 14 april... this kit says to rack every 10 days... this was the final rack befor filtering... now should i rack it for 10 days still or should i filter it on 20 april like i was supose too??

I guess my first question is "What kit (specific brand & variety) are you making?" (Please everyone ALWAYS give this info, it makes answering many of your questions much easier.)

I don't recall any instructions that say to rack every 10 days.

Second, wine making loves procrastinators. Never do something today that you can put off till next week. The only exception is get the wine out of the primary and into a properly filled and air-locked carboy in a timely fashion. Four days is no big deal, but it's 4 extra days of aging!!!!!

Steve

I guess my first question is "What kit (specific brand & variety) are you making?" (Please everyone ALWAYS give this info, it makes answering many of your questions much easier.)

I don't recall any instructions that say to rack every 10 days.

Second, wine making loves procrastinators. Never do something today that you can put off till next week. The only exception is get the wine out of the primary and into a properly filled and air-locked carboy in a timely fashion. Four days is no big deal, but it's 4 extra days of aging!!!!!

Steve

thanks for the quick reply Steve!! yea the kink of kit would be nice but don't have that info right now (im at work) but the instruction do call to rack every 10 days. and for every rack you ad a specific pack.. for the rack that i miss i have to put in the F pack if i remember right.

But i guess i will filter it in 10 days still... 4 extra days betteew the 2 rack should not be that bad i guess

Back