Is my math correct?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinton4616

Junior
Reaction score
First batch of Blueberry Wine went into 2nd racking today after sitting for 3 weeks.

My original SG was 1.090.
SG today: .990
Difference is .1
Multiply by 129
I come up with 12.9% ABV.

Is this correct?

According to Fermcalc, with your parameter inserted, the results are:

Berry 13.6%
Duncan & Acton 13.5%
Balling 13.3%
Cutaia, Reid & Speers 13.6%

The average of the four is 13.5%, you can be fairly sure it's not off by much.

According to Fermcalc, with your parameter inserted, the results are:

Berry 13.6%

Duncan & Acton 13.5%

Balling 13.3%

Cutaia, Reid & Speers 13.6%

The average of the four is 13.5%, you can be fairly sure it's not off by much.

Good god! Why have I not been using FermCalc?! I gave it a half-assed look just once before but dismissed it. And I've been using a plethora of conversion sites, different calculator sites etc... all bookmarked for a buffet of options. Whole lotta wasted time searching and converting and all that before.
FermCalc essentially has it all. I think I'll be deleting all others soon enough.

Good god! Why have I not been using FermCalc?! I gave it a half-assed look just once before but dismissed it. And I've been using a plethora of conversion sites, different calculator sites etc... all bookmarked for a buffet of options. Whole lotta wasted time searching and converting and all that before.
FermCalc essentially has it all. I think I'll be deleting all others soon enough.

I use it for ALL of my calcs, it’s versatile, comprehensive, and accurate. Caution though with acid adjustments, still go slow with adjustments, you just don’t know how each wine will react. Between Fermcalc and the Vinmetrica, best tools I have.

Latest posts

Back