Is my fermentation stuck?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveTheWine

Reaction score
This years batch of wine is from fresh grapes.
22.1 brix, 3.25 PH

I made a sizable starter using Andante yeast:
http://www.renaissanceyeast.com/en/products/andante
Punched down 4-5 times a day

Day 1:
crush add 30ppm Kmeta and Opti-red.

Day 2:
Superfood in the recommended dosages
Poured the starter/yeast mixture into 77f must and slowly raised the temp to 85f.

Day 3-4:
It fermented out so fast 1.092-1.010 in 2 days, I though we would have to press early! Reduced the heat in the room to slow it down.

Day 5:
heat down to 70f, SG down to 1.005

Day 6:
no change to SG, raised heat slightly, Cap still raising.

Day 7: (Today)
Heat up to 74, No change to SG, Cap still raising. Added ML Bacteria.
(SG hasn't moved in 48 hrs)

Is this officially a stuck ferment??? I have never had this happen!
Should I start the steps to re-start at this point or... Press, monitor and re-start later if needed?

I have to press Saturday (tomorrow) at the latest as my company is sending me out of town for 2.5 weeks on Sunday morning.

Last edited:
you should be okay go ahead and press it will finish in secondary, once more air is inserted into the juice the east will complete the fermentation. I notice there was no mention of punching down the must each day. In the future I would suggest at least twice a day.

you should be okay go ahead and press it will finish in secondary, once more air is inserted into the juice the east will complete the fermentation. I notice there was no mention of punching down the must each day. In the future I would suggest at least twice a day.

Thanks!
I hope it finishes out as you suggest.

I punch down 4-5 times a day.

Latest posts

Back