Is kielesol essential

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WingNut

Junior
Reaction score
I'm fairly new to this and am wondering from what I've read about the purpose of kielesol if it's really necessary if the wine if already clear. Is it essential or does it do something else? I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

No fining is truly needed.
Time will drop all those particles you just have to wait. Some times a pretty long time but it will all fall out on it's own. If you do not want to bulk age your wines for 6+ months finings will hurry it along.

There are exceptions like starch or pectin hazes which will not fall clear on their own.

Yeah i agree with John and there are some fruits that are just hard to clear without it.

Can kielesol from one kit be used in another? My dog destroyed a package and I'm wondering if there is any difference between kielesol from one kit to another???

Can kielesol from one kit be used in another? My dog destroyed a package and I'm wondering if there is any difference between kielesol from one kit to another???

They're all pretty much the same. Go ahead and use another and keep the rest out of the dogs reach. :)

Latest posts

Back