Other Is it a good idea to add frozen grape concentrate to wine kit to boost flavour?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trick

Reaction score
As a new home winemaker, I am just wondering if this can improve a cheap kit. Anyone has such experience? If it works, what is the dose. Say, I have a 7L version red wine kit, such as Cab Sov. with Welch's concentrate available from grocery store.
Or I can add 1 gal of Welch' juice instead of water to make up to 6 gal.

I wouldn't add Welch's to any wine kit. It has its place for many winemakers, but it is Concord grape juice and has a distinct flavor and aroma that may change the nature of the kit you're making. Suggest you take a look at the "Tweaking Cheap Kits" or "Thinking Outside the Box" threads. There is a ton of info in those on mods you can make to wine kits.

Welcome to WMT.

I wouldn't add Welch's to any wine kit. It has its place for many winemakers, but it is Concord grape juice and has a distinct flavor and aroma that may change the nature of the kit you're making. Suggest you take a look at the "Tweaking Cheap Kits" or "Thinking Outside the Box" threads. There is a ton of info in those on mods you can make to wine kits.

Welcome to WMT.

Thanks Jim for your advice.

Latest posts

Back