Intro + Question on Headspace

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with mike about the handle, i lost 5 gallons of peppermint wine when it broke and smashed on the floor. As for extra secondary's, i have gone as far as using 2ltr and 20oz bottles with balloons as my air lock. Lol
also like mike stated, carlo rossie wine jugs are perfect for test runs of a wine before spending time; money and energy on a big batch unless you have a still to turn mistakes into lawn mower fuel.

Hello All,

I'm new to winemaking and have found this forum helpful in the learning process. I live in San Diego and have made a few batches of Cab and Petite the past few years. I pick grapes from local vineyards and de-stem/crush/press at home. I've picked ~150lbs of grapes each time so end up with about ~8.5 gallons of wine of which has turned out decent enough. I do my primary ferment in 5 gallon food grade buckets and give MLF a try in glass carboys.
Hi Brandon!! Where in San diego have you picked your grapes from? I'm in san diego as well and would love to give this us a try next year.

Latest posts

Back