WineXpert Interesting comparison....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sideways2

Reaction score
So...I stumbled upon a bottle of Anciano 7 Year Tempranillo...picked it up out of province at a super good sale price...$8.95 compared to $15.99 locally...

I decided to crack open a bottle of my one year old World Vineyard Spanish Tempranillo for comparison...

A couple of things off the bat...body is very close...wine legs are very similar...

Smell...Anciano has more oak up front...WV has slighty more fruit\candied smell to it...less oak up front...

Taste...hot damn do I like a Tempranillo LOL!!!

They are very close indeed...in fact I'm guessing if I had made the Selection with grape skins it would have been closer yet!!

In all honesty...didn't think it would be that close or as close as it was...maybe it's just the way Tempranillo is???

IMG_3803.jpg

IMG_3804.jpg

IMG_3805.jpg

Left the glasses the way they were...hour and a half later...smell is getting closer...the Anciano has a smoother texture...

My wife...not a wine person at all...had her smell and a small taste...she thought they were the same wine in both glasses...again...she's not a wine person LOL!!

I can definitely taste the difference although not to pick out a price point...

I wouldn't complain not getting that final 5%...heck...even that final 10%!!

One of my favorite wine kits is the Selection Temperanillo with grape skins. After a year or so, it is amazing. I agree, temperanillo is an outstanding grape.

Heads up guys: Last Saturday my retailer informed me that WE is discontinuing the Selection Spanish Tempranillo with grapeskins. (Same as your retailer Sideways 2)

You guys are a bad influence. I saw this post about it being discontinued and had to order one.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

I picked up one of the Selection discontinued kits. Any suggestions on tweaks?

Latest posts

Back