Info on a wine press

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex21686

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all, first time poster here. I am posting for my father who has a wine press he brought over from Italy a while ago. He seems certain it's at least 30 years old, maybe 35. He is likely going to sell it (he no longer presses his own grapes) but has no idea of its worth and I was hoping to get some input from you folks. I took a look at ebay and saw other Rolex wine presses but they were not auctions, so I could not get a meaningful sense of the going rate for these. I would imagine it's not considered to be in spectacular condition, but it is fully functional and I don't believe it's ever had any issues. Sadly, I get blotchy and hot anytime I drink wine and feel pretty miserable, much to disappointment of my southern Italian roots, so this would not be something I would find worthwhile to keep. I've attached some pictures and would love some info on this! The front says:

Macchine Enologiche
F Rossi
Calzolaro - Perugia

Attachments

• IMG_5850.JPG
    IMG_5850.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_5855.JPG
    IMG_5855.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_5856.JPG
    IMG_5856.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_5860.JPG
    IMG_5860.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 107
Unless someone else can give you better advice I think watching ebay more might be beneficial. The search that I did is showing a new one for $3,200 wow our smaller ratchet press was less than $400. Just my observation the handle has been replaced and if you look at the receipts there might be some maintenance done if it hasn't been used in a few years. Good luck !
Here is the link of which I was referring.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LARGE-WINE...346732?hash=item33d2b40aec:g:zKEAAOSw0TxZZX4F

TXWineDuo

Whatever it is worth, it will not come close to it's value to you and the memories you no doubt have.

I could see it going for anywhere between $200 and $400.

I just purchased the same exact one used and about the same age and paid $1000.00. So I would not sell it for less than that.

Latest posts

Back