Infested yard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WineYooper

Reaction score
Just picked up 4 potted Marquette vines and had placed them in the front flower bed temporarily till I traveled to the U.P. to plant them. Sure enough last night I was sitting in the living room and looked out the bay window at them and thought they looked different. On further examination found the road rats (deer) had got to them and munched the leaves off the new growth and further down. Damn deer!!!! Moved them now into the garden behind my 8' fence. The question I have now is about survival and best procedure to take to help these out. I'm thinking to just let these go till next pruning this winter/spring. I believe these are first year plants purchased at a Fleet Farm near me. I have 12 vines ordered from Double A and have an order # and customer I.D. number but have not seen an e-mail or anything since last Sunday. Does anyone know if this is the norm? I'm trying to be patient but am getting concerned.

I ordered my seedless vines from them on the phone a few weeks ago on a Monday and they told me they would ship the following Monday, which they did. I was sent an email with the tracking # and they arrived as scheduled.

I ordered on the site, got an email with shipping info and they arrived right when they said they would.

If it was a Sunday when you ordered, the earliest you would get it would be next week. The orders are processed during the normal week and shipping is on Monday only to guarantee they get to you by Friday. If concernedd, just call them and ask.

Just got my confirmation in the mail today that they are supposed to ship on the 21st so should get them mid to late next week.

Latest posts

Back