inexpensive cranberries

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Costco sale at fifty cents a pound--at least locally. Berries are just a little past prime but still usable for us newbies.

I just bought 25 pounds of fresh cranberries at Wallmart for .50 a pound. Ocean Spray.
Ron

Sounds like a great price, usually get mine right from the marsh @$1/#, but they are the freshest you can get. May have to try to get some of these to do at least a gallon to see if they are ok to use.

I live in Nebraska so Wal-Mart was as good as I could get. I have 2 batches of Cranberry going, Pre Thanksgiving (more expensive) where I just popped the berries. The second batch I froze them then used a Cherry pitter to crush them. It worked good.The berries were riper after Tgiving also. Hopefully they both turnout. I am new to this.
Ron

I live in Nebraska so Wal-Mart was as good as I could get. I have 2 batches of Cranberry going, Pre Thanksgiving (more expensive) where I just popped the berries. The second batch I froze them then used a Cherry pitter to crush them. It worked good.The berries were riper after Tgiving also. Hopefully they both turnout. I am new to this.
Ron

Welcome to the forum. Where are you at? there are a few of us on here from Husker land. I am in central Nebr. Kenesaw. Good to have you on board. Arne.

Thanks. North Platte. I am on my 4 th batch. Learning as I am going. First batch turned out Great but some of the bottles I must not have cleaned proper.
Just started in August. Great board lot of Great info here,
Ron

Latest posts

Back