In Memory of Tom

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Reaction score
It is with great sadness that we need to let the members know that one of our longtime Forum Moderators Tom has lost his battle with Prostate cancer. Tom fought hard for 5 ½ years, his son says he never once gave up. In the end he told his family that he was not giving up just giving up on the pain. Tom was active for over 10 years here at WinemakingTalk giving countless winemakers advice and encouragement. He worked hard to help foster this great community and it would not be what it is or contain the depth of knowledge without Tom. Our heart and prayers go out to his family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom's wisdom and wealth of both winemaking and beer brewing experience will live forever here at Winemaking Talk from the 11,356 post he made to help others along the way.

He started Winemaking Talk's most active thread (now a Sticky) What R you doing today? that has now grown to 1492 pages, 14,918 responses and over 833,000 page views.

Please raise a glass tonight in Memory of our dear friend, Tom Hildenbrand.

So sad to learn of Tom's death.

Was Tom a Vietnam vet? So many of us have been diagnosed with prostate and other cancer, in our later years, presumed due to our exposure to agent orange.

Tom's wisdom and wealth of both winemaking and beer brewing experience will live forever here at Winemaking Talk from the 11,356 post he made to help others along the way.

He started Winemaking Talk's most active thread (now a Sticky) What R you doing today? that has now grown to 1492 pages, 14,918 responses and over 833,000 page views.

Please raise a glass tonight in Memory of our dear friend, Tom Hildenbrand.

ibglowin....profound. I have never thought of our posts out living us, of becoming our "legend" in effect.

In honor of Tom, I resolve to try leave only good words, helpful words, encouraging words behind here.

So sad to learn of Tom's death.

Was Tom a Vietnam vet? So many of us have been diagnosed with prostate and other cancer, in our later years, presumed due to our exposure to agent orange.

I'm not sure. I'm sure someone might know. He was 68. He was one of the very first to welcome me here and I will truly miss him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sorry to hear this. Rest In Peace.

I will raise a toast this evening for Tom. Condolences to his family. A great loss to all.

Wow, hate to hear this news. I'm still very new here but even I can see that his contributions have been numerous and profound.

Condolences to his family.

Oh I am so sorry to hear this. Tom was a wonderful person, and always so encouraging and lovely. I'll raise a glass to him this evening, and send prayers to his family.

Thank you all for letting us know.

I didn't know this man not read his posts on the forum. But what it says about him commands respect. We need to more carefully read it and remember the knowledge that he gave us forever. Until there is the memory of the name of the person now. Eternal memory to him.

That is very sad news, especially at such a young age. I learned a lot of what I know now from his posts. My family will pray tonight for the family he has left behind.

Tom was not only a very fine winemaker but an accomplished home brewer. He kept a constant supply of beer in his kegerator so when others visited he could share his handiwork. That carried over to the forum where he selflessly shared his crafts and knowledge. We have certainly missed his contributions as his health kept eroding. It would be a nice tribute to him if everyone developed an attitude of sharing what they know. No matter how small of an item, it all adds up.

Latest posts

Back