Mosti Mondiale Impressions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too agree this was the most difficult wine to rack! I usually use a fermenting bag but was kind of in a hurry and wasnt thinking and just dumped them both right in. Never again with this kit!!!

While we're all complaining! I'm glad I only used one of the bags of oak chipsduring the secondary, I can barely get the opposite end ofspoonout ofthe carboy neck after stirring.

ttortorice said:
Bart, There is one with your name on it at FVW, pre-paid. Next time you're in George will give it to you.

Tony, you crack me up! Good on you.

Not to bad......................
9:30AM

2012-01-14_09.25.58.jpg

2012-01-14_09.26.11.jpg

2012-01-14_09.26.23.jpg

10AM...................
2012-01-14_10.28.25.jpg

Bubbling along happily
smiley20.gif
smiley20.gif
smiley20.gif
smiley20.gif
smiley20.gif

Pitched the yeast on an Impressions Barolo yesterday. Initial SG: 1.098. Temp 76*F. After reading the couple of threads concerning the Impressions kits I decided to put the grape pack in a hop bag before adding it. All is bubbling along nicely, now. Of course, the content level is up to within an inch or two of the top of my primary bucket. I'm planning to add the raisins later today, but I'm a little worried about it running over. I do have my primary bucket sitting in a washer pan for safety.

Here is my real question: Is the Impressions kit supposed to come with one or two packets of oak? mine came with only one, marked medium toast. But on the MM web site it indicates that the Barolo kit comes with two packs of oak. How many did you other folks get?

It's been a while but I believe I had 2, 90 gram packets (one light and one dark). Per the instructions, I only added the grape pack. I know some folks add raisins too. You were smart to put the fruit in a bag.

I sent an email to Antoinette at Mosti yesterday asking about this discrepancy in the oak in my kit. She said that it should have come with two 90g packets of oak and that they would get the replacements right out to me.

I am a happy camper!:hug

Back