I'm tired of winter! Enough already!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks just like a typical cdn winter lol. My kids (me too when I was a kid) made long tunnels and forts in those huge banks like that!

My mom just sent me this.......

Wiarton Willie, the King of the Groundhogs was found dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound after predicting an early spring.

download

LYING LITTLE BA$TARD!

Looks just like a typical cdn winter lol. My kids (me too when I was a kid) made long tunnels and forts in those huge banks like that!

Us too! Lol, and we get to do it again now that I have my own kids :db

When they were telling us the weather this morning, the words "-36 (Celsius) with the windchill" came out. I wanted to reach through the speaker and choke the announcer.

Last week's data

[email protected]
2014-03-18...28......-3...........-3..........0.00......0.0.......25
2014-03-19...36......-3............8..........0.00......0.0.......25
2014-03-20...37.......8...........27.........1.44......14.0......38
2014-03-21...46......27..........30..........T..........T..........34
2014-03-22...36......12..........15..........T..........T..........33
2014-03-23...35......15..........27.........0.05.......0.9.......33
2014-03-24...33......-6..........-5...........T...........T.........32

We are in the 30's today,
but forecast-ed this weekend to be in the 50's.

Which is good, because I start golfing in 3 weeks, regardless of the weather!
And it is tough to find a tiny white ball in a snow bank!

Us too! Lol, and we get to do it again now that I have my own kids :db

When they were telling us the weather this morning, the words "-36 (Celsius) with the windchill" came out. I wanted to reach through the speaker and choke the announcer.

I feel for you Ray! Spring for us is like a long and tormenting tease. They say we should get to plus 5 Celsius by Friday... I have my fingers crossed...

Expecting another 5-8 inches of the white crap overnight and tomorrow morning. Yuck enough already. Snow, snow, go away and don't comeback until some next winters day!

Nasty!! Right now we're getting a break but we always get some snow still through April - yuck!! No more! I'm eager for it to all melt away so I can really see the damage the rodents caused to my trees!!

Things are looking up! Even tho we had snow yesterday, all the killdeers are back and the nasty grackles, blackbirds and saw my first robin a few mins ago!

I want it to go down a bit more, but it is getting close. Then I can prune for a while until the ground begins to thaw and will need to take a break for a few days to dry up.

Spring has sprung here. Cherry blossoms ,daffodils and tulips are all in bloom :h

Daffodils in full force. Lawn getting greener by the minute. It's raining today, but I'll probably mow for the first time tomorrow. It's been a long winter - I usually do my first mow around St. Patrick's Day.

Not quite for us. It was 34 degrees this morning. I keep hearing (in my head) that movie voice-over guy...

" in a world where seasons change, no one expects to experience ..
The Winter that wouldn't die!"

Latest posts

Back