I'm Thankful For You!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crushday

grape juice artisan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today is Thanksgiving. Most people think of being thankful as a reaction to circumstances and situations. But actually, being thankful should come as the choice of recognizing there are reasons to be thankful, even in the toughest of events.

It's EASY for me to be thankful for this site and all the wonderful help I've received to become a winemaker. So...Thanks! Today, I'm thankful for you!!

Last edited:
I was planing to make a post on this very topic, but this seems like a great opportunity to share an experience I had with some members here.

About a month ago, in a thread about airlocks and bungs, we got discussing breathable bungs. Me and another member were posting what we could find, but the shipping in most cases was double the cost of the bungs. $50 or more just to ship $25 of bungs to Canada, and I was unable to find anything local.

Overnight I received 2 messages. One offering to send me some for free to try out, and the other saying, 'just let me know what you want, I will order it and ship it to you. We can worry about reimbursement later, but I'm really not too worried about it.'

A few days later, I received a package in the mail with 2 different style bungs to try. My offer to pay the shipping was refused and I was told to just respond in kind to another winemaker in need.

For me there is a true sense of sharing and community here. Members are always willing to share their thoughts and experience even if they answered the same question last week. This just goes to show that the generosity goes beyond words and thoughts, and is truly genuine. To the two members above, Thank you both.

As for the rest of the members, and this board in general, I am grateful to be here.

And, it's not even Thanksgiving in Canada.. ;)

Last edited:
Back