I'm starting to dream about Blackberries!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that something is called "BEING BLESSED!!"

On the other side of the world.. we are watching all the leaves fall off the fruit trees.. my raspberry canes are now sticks.. and the veg garden is full of cabbages..

cabbage wine?...anyone?...

Allie

amen. i <3 blackberries. and funny you called them "sticks" because my sister's realtor said she needed to get her sticks out of the back yard to sell her house. so now we have wild black raspberries, her blackberries and her raspberries (which she grew together and by reading supposedly not good to do). we got about 60+ plants from her. they were in bad shape due to being quickly dug up, but i'd say 50+ survived. they already are growing berries now too!!!!!!:br

congrats on your new canes!
why is it not good to grow blackberries and raspberries together?

congrats on your new canes!
why is it not good to grow blackberries and raspberries together?

thanks. we've been planting many things this year.

about the berries together, something about disease or mold. dunno. it might be mis-information on the net. cannot find the link now....i know it can't be a big deal because my sister has had them growing for 10 years with no troubles near many other plants and near a garden. our biggest problem is the poison oak all over our property.

just got the first half quart picked today. looks like the next week or two will be nice!!! :r

Last edited:
I can say that blackberries and raspberries together is kind of inconvenient especially in the wild patches where you have to wade through blackberries to get the raspberries and get ripped to shreds in the process. raspberry canes are like tickle weeds compared to the nasty thorns on the wild blackberries.

I picked 10lbs of wild black raspberries today. got bitten by every kind of flying thing imaginable. tomorrow I'll need to get some bug spray before I go back out to pick more. looks like our blackberries will be ready in two or three weeks. lots of fruit on them now, green and filling out.

Latest posts

Back