Im starting this one off with a how to.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That is great. I will be referencing back to it as I go with my first batch.
The only question I have right now is filtering. Is this a fairly expensive step? I would really love to make my wine Christal clear but I don't know if I can afford the equipment.

The Buon Vino mini jet filter can be had for 120$+/-. It does a great job and has been reliable.

Both of these Tutorials were Excellent, I will for sure be looking back at this. This post should be a sticky.

I have to add that a couple of the items in the original post should be approached with caution. The sanitation statements of using bleach or ammonia. I would not recommend a beginner to use either of these. Particularly the ammonia. I wouldn't use rubbing alcohol in the airlock either unless you are sure no added oils were added to the alcohol. Just use water or a sanitizer (k-meta or Na-Meta) solution. Overall good info though.

5 gallons of wine will fill about 48-750 ml bottles
Minor nitpick but 5 gals will not make 48x750ml.
5gal is just under 19liters which is 19000ml.
48x750ml is 36000ml.
So your 5 gallons of wine is going to make about 25 - 750ml bottles of wine.
5gals will however fill about 48 12oz beer bottles.

Craig

Yeah, I missed that to. You are correct. I always figure 23-24 750ml bottles from 5 gallons. 30 bottles for 6 gallons. I actually only glanced over the post and didn't dwell to deep into it.

Back