I’m officially a HAM

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that's the ARRL trying to provide a guideline for good rag-chew etiquette to prevent people from getting angry or upset and resorting to name calling etc. (like they do on many Internet forums) It's just not the "rule of law".

That's one thing I love about this place. It doesn't really degrade into name calling and stuff. Well, except under my breath! :);):D

the ARRL is great as far as trying to help the ham community , but it is the FCC that lays down the law, I did have the moment, I had to contact the FCC about abuse and they handled it pretty swiftly,

Sorry about the loss of your Dad. The license and a working radio are good things to have, a working radio with a backup generator is even better. Ham radio was one of the crucial means of communication in Huntsville, AL, in April 2011, when 39 tornados downed high tension lines and cut power to the city and county of about 350,000 population for a solid week. Cell towers were down and phones could not be easily charged. Ham operators with backup generators were an essential link.

You never know when you may be the link to saving someone's life in an emergency.
A very good point.

Latest posts

Back