I'm looking for Norton/Cynthiana clippings or root stock

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spudwrench12

Reaction score
I don't want to wait till next year to get my mini vineyard started . I can't seem to find these anywhere until next spring / winter clippings . If anyone has a few fresh clippings or root stock they would like to sell, let me know thanks .Spudwrench12

Wrong time of the year for cuttings. Norton are hard to root species anyway, so you will have to wait. If you want ten vines, you better start a lot of them when you do, as the rooting rate for them is a pita. My best luck has been rooting hammer cuttings, seems to be a little more stored energy in them. Good luck. Oh, you can check with Silvercreek nursery in Ilinois, that was where I got my nortons to start with, but it is darn late now, they would take a lot of extra care with summer heat!

Thanks for the heads up on Silver Creek nursery Treesaver. they have some 2 year old varieties for sale for shipping in the spring . that kind of made my day ( it bought me a year of not waiting for fruit ). i can concentrate on my land prep now . it doesn't seem like much but i have a 1/4 acre high on a hill in Franklin county MO .South of Herman about 20 miles and 8 city blocks to the Bourbouse River that i'm going to dedicate to a small vineyard.There is a 30 acre vineyard about 3/4 of a mile up the road that is 20 years old and beautiful .

google University of Missouri Wine Program. I saw a web site reference here recently although I Cannot find it now, that referred to a program Missouri has on Norton cuttings that they are selling.

Latest posts

Back